We want everyone who visits our website to be able to access the full range of services available, regardless of their skill or technology.
How accessible is this site?
We know some parts of this website aren’t fully accessible at present.
What to do if you have problems or queries
If you have any accessibility problems or feedback, please email us at email@example.com.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the accessibility regulations. If you're not happy with how we respond, please contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Cambridgeshire Music is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with The Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
Under the Equality Act 2010, we must ensure we do not unlawfully discriminate in our service delivery and make reasonable adjustments for people with disabilities where necessary. We are constantly working to improve the accessibility and usability of our site.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
Non compliance with the accessibility regulations
We have listed all areas of where our website currently fails below.
- Buttons: There is an empty button element with no accessible name, failing success criterion 4.1.2.
- Background colours: Some text / background colours do not have enough contrast, failing success criterion 1.4.3.
- Contrast ratio: Some controls do not have a 3:1 contrast ratio which fails success criterion 1.4.11.
- Images in documents: Some images / figures do not have an alt tag, failing success criterion 1.1.1.
- Links: Links use generic link text that has no context, such as 'click here', failing success criterion 2.4.4.
- Document titles: Some documents have no title failing success criterion 2.4.2.
- Links: These do not have underlining making it hard for colour-blind users to see them, failing success criterion 1.4.1.
- Outline / border style: The stylesheet makes it difficult to see the dotted link focus outline, failing success criterion 2.4.7.
- Stylesheets: Some content is in stylesheet, making it unavailable to screen readers and users who are not using the stylesheet, failing success criterion 1.3.1.
- Elements: Interactive element a must not appear as a descendant of the a element, failing success criterion 4.1.1.
- Elements: Element a must not appear as a descendant of the a element, failing success criterion 4.1.1.
- Tags: End tag a violates nesting rules, failing success criterion 4.1.1.
- Attributes: Some attributes do not have spaces between them, failing success criterion 4.1.1.
- Attributes: Quote " in attribute name. Probable cause: Matching quote missing somewhere earlier, failing success criterion 4.1.1
As stated in the non-compliance section above, the known issues are listed below:
- HTML – The underlying code used to create this website.
- CSS – Used to describe how HTML elements are displayed on this website.
- 3rd party functionality
- Content – This could include web page content or associated PDFs on this website.
A program of work is now underway to address these issues. It involves working with Durham County Council’s in-house developers/designers, as well as third party functionality providers. We aim to resolve the above items by September 2021.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
- PDFs/documents (pre-September 2018): Specifically, those published before 23 September 2018 that are not essential to providing our services.
- Pre-recorded audio and video: Audio/visual content published before 23 September 2020.
- Live audio and video
- Interactive maps, unless they provide core information.
How we test the site
We re-assess a website or system for accessibility whenever it undergoes a modification. We also check all new content that we add to it.
Please forward any specific queries to our administrative team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.